Spring Wardrobe: Outerwear #1 Perfecto Mona

Monday, May 09, 2016


Hello everyone! Recently I shared a post about my spring outerwear sewing plans. Now this is an area that is lacking in my wardrobe. Except from the occasional cardigan my spring outerwear game is really low. And it's time to change it!

When I first started sewing, never in my wildest dreams I'd imagined that it would come a day that I'd be able to make my own biker jacket! In my mind sewing something like that was really intimidating and nearly impossible! But guess what guys? NOTHING is impossible! So here it is my very first suede biker jacket! And I'm IN LOVE!


The pattern is  Mona from a French pattern company called Wear Lemonade. I already had this pattern for a while, but forgotten about it over time. At the time the pattern was available as a PDF, although it doesn't seem to be anymore. The pattern features bust darts, a zipper closure and 4 press studs. My favorite thing though about this is that you only need around 1.5m of fabric! And the options are countless!


For my version I cut a size 38 for the bust, grading to a size 40 for the waist and hips and the fit turned out perfect. I used a beige suede I already had in my stash (hooray for finally de-stashing something!), a fun leopard print bias binding for the inside and 4 rusted gold toned press-studs. Side note: if you want to install decorative press-studs, but you don't have the right tool, you can totally improvise and use a screwdriver and a hammer ;)


The PDF pattern came without any instructions, but there is a video up on the Wear Lemonade website, that takes you through the whole process step by step. Even though I don't speak any French whatsoever, it was really easy to sew this jacket. I'd say it's suited for an intermediate sewer or even an advanced beginner.


There's really nothing else to say about this pattern, either than this is possibly one of my top three makes of all time and surely there are many more versions of this coming soon!

So, what are you guys sewing these days? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments